Type: Raspberry Pi pHAT (partially Hardware Attached on Top)
Architecture: For Raspberry Pi
Software specifications: Depends on OS (operating system) being used
1. Fully compatible with the standard Raspberry Pi 1 Model A+, Raspberry Pi 3B/3B+, and Raspberry Pi Zero V1.3/W/WH.
2. Standard Raspberry Pi GPIO (General Pinout Input Output) pinout.
3. Features: LED (Light Emitting Diode) array for GPIO pins 17/18/27/22/25/12/13/19, 3 on-board programmable buttons (GPIO pins 21/19/20 need to be configured as an input pull up) and an on-board active buzzer (GPIO pin 26).
4. Utilises a micro-USB socket for power and USB (Universal Serial Bus) to UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter) communication.
5. Involves USB serial, facilitated by a CH340 driver.
6. External modules and sensors can still be used with this pHAT on top of a Raspberry Pi.
7. Consists of additional power and data pins.
Input/Operating Voltage (from USB connector): +4.8 - +5.2 volts
DC Current for the 5v pin (maximum continuous): depends on the USB input
Weight and Size Dimensions
Product Size (L x W x H): 65.15 x 30.61 x
To me, when using this pHAT, I think that it is a really good addition to a Raspberry Pi, especially for the newer makers, since it includes features such as:
1. Compatibility on most Raspberry Pi boards, as it can be placed on the board even with additional accessories on a Pi (heatsinks, fans etc) added on.
2. Its small and compact size, with many different functions on-board and a ready-to-use driver for Windows, Mac or Linux.
3. The additional power and data pins, accompanied by clear, contrasting labels. The white labels makes the writing easier to see, from the purple PCB.
4. The 4 main mounting holes, which can be mounted onto some Raspberry Pi cases for your convenience.
5. The indicating LEDs for RX (Receive) and TX (Transmit) of your Pi, and the 8 programmable LEDs for your own preference of what you want to do with them.
6. The active buzzer and programmable push buttons, as it saves you wiring of separate components to the Pi externally, when it is all on a single pHAT.
Pinout & schematics
Python Maker pHAT Sample Code
CYTRON TECHNOLOGIES PRODUCT PAGE
Check out the product here: https://www.cytron.io/p-hat-maker
Be sure to check out the Maker pHAT Setup by clicking here.