Type: Transceiver Module
Architecture: For all MCUs (micro controllers)
Operating Frequency Range: 868 - 1020 MHz / 868\915 MHz
Engine IC (Integrated Circuit): Semtech SX1276
Control Method: Using AT commands
Dynamic Range RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indication): 127 dB
Antenna Type: PCB integrated
Data Encryption Type: AES128
Filter Insertion Loss: 1 dB - 3 dB
RF (Radio Frequency) Sensitivity: -148 dB (minimum)
RF (Radio Frequency) Input Level: 10 dBm (maximum)
Frequency Accuracy: ±2 ppm
Communication Range: 15 km (maximum, depending on the radio frequency parameters)
Cycling (erase/write) EEPROM data memory: 300K (in cycles)
Operating Temperature: -40 - 85˚C
Operating Voltage (VDD): +2.8 - +3.6 volts
RF (Radio Frequency) Output Power Range: -4 - 15 dBm
Digital Input Level High Voltage: (0.7*VDD) - (VDD) volts
Digital Input Level Low Voltage: 0 - (0.3*VDD) volts
Digital Output Level High Voltage: +0.9 - (VDD) volts
Digital Output Level Low Voltage: 0.1 volts (maximum)
Transmit Current: 43mA
Receive Current: 16.5mA
Sleep Current: 0.5μA
Weight and Size Dimensions
Product Weight: 3g
Product Size (L x W x H): 45.2 x 16.8 x 4.8 mm
After some tests with this LoRa transceiver module, I found some very surprising aspects of this product which absolutely shocked me, which includes:
1. Its very far range, up to a few kilometres with this module's small size and its small antenna. This product can be really useful for long-range communication devices.
2. The simple UART (serial) interface which this module runs on, and this interface makes it simple to hook this module up to a microcontroller when programming or reading information from it.
3. This product's excellent immunity to block out unwanted, outside signals which can possibly interfere with the transmission and receiving of data.
4. Along with my above comment about its immunity, this transceiver module also has a high sensitivity, thus, there is a higher chance for a clear line for data to be passed between modules and not be distorted.
5. Even though there are very long-range parameters set on this module, its current consumption is considered to be very low. The low operating current minimises any major power draw, especially in any portable projects which doesn't have a large power supply in-hand.
VDD - Input Voltage (+)
TXD - Data Transmit
RXD - Data Receive
NRST - Reset (Active Low)
GND - GND (-)
Arduino Reyax RYLR896 LoRa Transceiver Module Sample Code (Transmitter)
Arduino Reyax RYLR896 LoRa Transceiver Module Sample Code (Receiver)
reyax product page
Check out the product here: http://reyax.com.cn/products/rylr896/
Be sure to check out the Arduino Reyax RYLR896 LoRa Transceiver Module Project by clicking here.