In the past, there have been several USB 'doctors' or USB power devices which have been reviewed here, but this product from ICStation comes in with multiple unique factors. Firstly, the ZK-UT meter is significantly smaller than other USB devices, like the XY-MUP module or the UM24 meter, but even though this meter is more compact, it still has all the necessary information displayed on its screen. For its basic functions, it has one button placed on the back of this module which can be pressed and held depending on what you want to achieve. It has a Male USB Type A port and a Female USB Type A port on both sides of this module for connectivity with most devices and the best factor of this module is that it is incredibly simple to use. The pictures below feature a working example of this module in use, the rear side of this module and a tour of the display content:
setting it up
1. Firstly, connect your source/input device to the Male USB Type A port and connect your load/output device to the Female USB Type A port. If there is power coming in from the input, the meter should immediately light up and start displaying all of the data collected. The timer (bottom left corner) for capacity and energy will also start counting up.
2. If you press the push button at the back of the display once, it will pause the timer. Press the push button again to resume the timer counting up.
3. If you press and hold the push button at the back of the display for 2 seconds, it will reset the timer, capacity and energy measurements back to zero and start counting up again.
4. If you press and hold the push button at the back of the display for 5 seconds, the display will be rotated 180 degrees around for someone to look at the meter from the opposite side. You can turn the display back 180 degrees by pressing the push button for 5 seconds again.
5. Lastly, this module also has a feature where it can detect what kind of fast charge protocol you are using, as shown on the top right box of the display. There are a variety of fast charge protocols (QC2.0, QC3.0, APPLE2.4A/2.1A/1A/0.5A, Android DCP, Samsung AFC, Huawei FCP & Huawei SCP) which this meter can detect, as it depends on the type of charger and load you are using.
After using this meter from a maker's point of view, ICStation's ZK-UT USB Multi-Function Meter can be described as an affordable, more compact alternative to other USB meters out there. However, even though the ZK-UT meter isn't so sophisticated when compared to others, this meter does provide all the necessary information which you will need in a small figure. The display is also fairly bright, especially when working outside and it is easy to use, especially since it consists of one push button only which has multiple functions so I would definitely be recommending this meter to others. Below, you will find the link to the review which I have published which includes all of this meter's detailed specifications and more of my opinions of this product so please go check it out!
Seeed Studio Fusion PCB Assembly Service takes care of the entire fabrication process from PCB manufacturing, parts sourcing, assembly and testing services, so you can be sure that they are getting a quality product. After gauging market interest and verifying a working prototype, Seeed Propagate Service can help you bring the product to market with professional guidance and a strong network of connections.
Make sure you check out the review for this product by clicking here.