Type: Resistor (Metal Film)
Architecture: For all electronics
Tolerance: ± 1%
Lead Reading: RoHs Lead Free
Colour Coding: EIA Standard
Variants: Normal or Flame Retardant Type
Temperature Coefficient of Resistance: ± 50
Short-time Overload: ΔR/R ≤ ± (0.5%+0.05 Ω), with no evidence of mechanical damage.
Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: With no evidence of flashover, mechanical damage, arcing or insulation breakdown.
Pulse Overload: ΔR/R ≤ ± (1%+0.05), with no evidence of mechanical damage.
Terminal Strength: No evidence of mechanical damage.
Resistance to Soldering Heat: ΔR/R ≤ ± (1%+0.05 Ω), with no evidence of mechanical damage.
Solderability: Coverage must be over 95%.
Resistance to Solvent: No deterioration of protective coating and markings.
Wire Type: Copper Plated
Rapid Change of Temperature: ΔR/R ≤ ± (1%+0.05 Ω), with no evidence of mechanical damage.
Load Life in Humidity: ΔR/R ≤ ± 1.5%
Load Life: ΔR/R ≤ ± 1.5%
1. Made with a nichrome resistor element, providing stable performance in various environments.
2. Covered with multiple layers of epoxy on vacuum-deposited metal film for superior moisture protection.
Operating Voltage: 200 volts (maximum)
Operating Current: Can vary depending on the voltage.
Power Rating at 70°C: 1/8W (0.125W)
Maximum Overload Voltage: 400 volts
Dielectric Withstanding Voltage: 400 volts
Weight and Size Dimensions
Product Weight: < 0g
Product Size (L x W x H): 56.35 x 1.79 x 1.79 mm
Lead Diameter: ≈ 0.41 mm
Resistor Capsule Dimensions (L x W): 3.01 x 1.79 mm
A similar resistor has been reviewed before but with a 1/4W power rating, however, with this resistor having a 1/8W rating, it is much smaller for narrower spaces since it can take up less power. This resistor is also particularly good for a multitude of purposes due to its:
1. Low noise and voltage coefficient, making this resistor handy for circuits requiring high amounts of resistance accuracy.
2. Low temperature coefficient range, proving that the environmental temperature factor doesn't play a role in affecting resistance.
3. Small size, which includes its thin legs and small capsule size for inserting it into breadboards or PCBs with smaller hole sizes.
4. Cheap price for its quality, manufactured by RoyalOHM but distributed directly from Tayda Electronics.
TAYDA ELECTRONICS PRODUCT PAGE
Check out the product here: https://www.taydaelectronics.com/r-470-ohm-1-8w-1-metal-film-resistor.html