Type: Environmental Sensor
Architecture: For Arduino
Communication Interface: SPI/i2c interface
Output Signal: Analog
On-board sensor: BoSCH MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical System) Sensor
Features: Temperature, humidity, altitude and pressure measurements
Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
Temperature Measurement Range: -40°C ~ 85°C (resolution of 0.1°C and a deviation of ± 0.5°C)
Offset temperature coefficient: ± 1.5 Pa/K (equivalent to ± 12.6 cm at a 1°C temperature change)
Humidity Measurement Range: 0 ~ 100% RH (resolution of 0.1% RH and a deviation of ± 2% RH)
Humidity Sampling Time: 1 second
Pressure Measurement Range: 300 ~ 1100 hPa
Operating Voltage: +3.3 ~ +5 volts
Operating Current: 2 mA
Weight and Size Dimensions
Product Weight: 12g
Cable Length: 30 cm
Product Size (L x W x H): 21.7 x 24.8 x 6.8 mm
DFRobot's BME280 sensor first caught my eye with all of its attractive functions, which includes:
1. The sensor's ability to measure four critical environmental factors (temperature, humidity, altitude and pressure) with ease, simultaneously.
2. It's wide operating temperature range (-40°C ~ 85°C), making this sensor durable when operating in the harshest of environments.
3. The sensor's small operating current of 2 mA, so that portable power supplies or small batteries can easily power up this sensor when needed.
4. The small size of this sensor, with its helpful Gravity i2c/UART connector and mounting holes.
5. The BME280's dual communication interface (i2c or SPI interfaces) for easier hardware/data connections to a micro controller or programmer.
Arduino BME280 Environmental Sensor Sample Code
Please download the library here: https://github.com/DFRobot/DFRobot_BME280/
dfrobot product page
Check out the product here: https://www.dfrobot.com/product-1606.html
Be sure to check out the Arduino BME280 Environmental Sensor Project by clicking here.